We connect countries across the Pacific ocean by providing future-proof capacity and direct access between major markets.
Hawaiki is a fibre optic cable linking Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa, Hawaii and the US West Coast. Being carrier-neutral and independently owned, it offers many service and cost benefits for Content and Cloud service providers, Telcos, ISPs and others. Amazon, Vodafone and REANNZ are already experiencing the Hawaiki advantage. And with an unrivalled 67 Tbps of design capacity, there’s plenty of room for you to join them.
Hawaiki is a 15,000 km submarine cable connecting 356 million consumers in Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa, Hawaii and continental United States.
It is the fastest link between Australasia and the USA, with branching units in place to connect the Pacific Islands of New Caledonia, Fiji and Tonga.
Commercial operations started in July 2018, and with a guaranteed design life of 25 years, Hawaiki will be in service until at least 2043.
We recognise our customers’ need for innovative capacity solutions which have a faster time to market and improve revenue generation.
Customers can choose from a large granularity of capacity products, including 1 Gb, 10 Gb and 100 Gb, and scalable services up to 500 Gb wavelength.
Hawaiki delivers greater connectivity, diverse paths and competitive pricing on the following routes:
- Australia to the United States
- New Zealand to the United States
- Hawaii to the Continental United States
- Australia to New Zealand
- Up to 500 GbWavelength in Capacity Products
- 67 TbpsDesign Capacity
- < 137 msLatency Values
Points of Presence (POPs)
Hawaiki satisfies our increasingly bandwidth-hungry environment by providing POP to POP capacity to its customers. Capacity can be delivered to the following locations:
- Kapolei, HI: Hawaiki cable landing station
- Hillsboro, OR: Flexential Brookwood as well as all Hillsboro datacentres on the Astound Broadband ring
- Seattle, WA: Westin Building Exchange (WBX)
- Los Angeles, CA: Coresite LA1, One Wilshire
- San Jose, CA: Equinix SV1, Great Oaks
- Sydney: Equinix SY4
- Auckland: Spark Digital Mayoral Drive and Datacom Orbit Drive
- Other locations in Australia, New Zealand and the United States will be quoted upon request
Network Operations Centre
Hawaiki customers are assured of the highest performance levels and service standards thanks to our state-of-the-art Network Operations Centre (NOC). The NOC provides the best possible network status visibility through continuous surveillance, analysis and reporting. It also gives our customers 24-hour support, 365 days a year.
Our A-NOC is based in two locations, Auckland New Zealand and Sydney Australia, which ensures optimal redundancy. And to provide an extra layer of operational security, we have a back-up Network Operations Centre (B-NOC) located in Eatontown NJ, on the US East Coast.
Reliability, security and customer satisfaction are our top priorities. So Hawaiki is part of two cable maintenance agreements to ensure the long-term viability of our subsea network:
- The South Pacific Marine Maintenance Agreement (SPMMA) covers the area between Australasia and Hawaii.
- The North American Zone (NAZ) covers the area between Hawaii and continental United States.